For many of us, a large portion of our days are spent at work; in fact, the average person will spend 90,000 hours at work over a lifetime*.
Stress can be a significant drain on both personal and business resources, but a lot can be done to not just alleviate it but build awareness, abilities and skills at personal and organisational levels that create and support a healthy working environment.
Since mental health affects us all at some stage and in some way, encouraging healthy day-to-day attitudes, behaviours and work ethics and building a positive workplace culture is so important.
A positive and supportive work culture improves teamwork, raises morale, increases productivity and efficiency, and helps to improve retention of the workforce.
Great company culture positively impacts business growth, longevity and results.
Job satisfaction, collaboration, and work performance are all positively impacted. And, most importantly, a positive workplace environment reduces stress in employees.
Everyone! A positive workplace is one where all employees are valued and supported regardless of gender, sexual orientation or race. All employees should have fair opportunities to progress and equal access to all the perks and rewards.
1. Establish clear goals, at both organisational and individual levels, decide how to measure change and then proactively monitor them. All team members need to have the chance to be involved in this conversation, so that everyone’s voice is recognised.
2. Normalise openness: People can find it difficult to talk about their mental health, which is why it’s so important to have an open culture where such conversations are normalised and encouraged. Time and place matters when it comes to these conversations. Ask open and non-judgmental questions and let people explain their mental health in their own words (don’t make assumptions!), ask about the triggers, how it impacts on their work and what support they need. Ensure confidentiality throughout.
3. Create clear goals and rewards for employees: When goals are positively reinforced, and achievements are recognized and celebrated, it leads to employees feeling valued which in turn creates a positive feeling in the workplace.
4. Promote a healthy work life balance: An unhealthy balance between work and life, can eventually result in a drop in motivation, performance and staff may even leave the organisation. Staff who have time to rest often return from annual leave re-energised and full of new ideas, simply by having time out.
• Summer Bonus: Appeciation is essential! Work hard and you shall receive.
• Gym Membership: We understand the correlation between a healthy mind in a healthy body and increased productivity. We provide a free gym membership for all of our office-based staff.
• Commision: Everyone has the opportunity to earn commission in their chosen department.
• Birthday Leave: Fancy your birthday off work? You’ve got it!
• Get to know each other: Our quarterly social events give us the chance to get to know each other better outside of the “8”.
Are you looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a difference and receive great benefits in return? We’re searching for the best, brightest and most talented people to join our team. Think that could be you? Find out more here.